This recipe is for those who love sour taste. Enjoy the vinegar dipped green chili and garlic.
Green Chili and Garlic Pickle
- Green chilies 250 gms
- Garlic cloves 125 gms
- Salt 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 2 tablespoon
- Nigella seeds 1 tablespoon
- Fenugreek seeds 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds 1 & ½ tablespoon
- Fennel seeds 1 tablespoon
- Sugar 2-3 tablespoons
- Vinegar 2 cups
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Oil ½ cup
- Wash green chilies and garlic cloves, dry them properly.
- Cut green chilies from center with the help of kitchen scissor.
- Add garlic and salt in green chilies and give it a good mix and leave for half an hour.
- In grinder add cumin seeds, nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds and sugar and grind it until all ingredients are crushed. Achar masala is ready. (Don’t make a fine powder)
- In vinegar, add turmeric, ginger garlic paste and achar masala and mix well.
- Heat oil in wok, add green chilies and garlic cloves (coated with salt), saute on high flame for 5 minutes.
- Now add vinegar mixture and cook for 5-7 minutes until oil comes on surface.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Instant pickle should be made in small batches. 1/2 kg or 1 kg maximum.
- Pickle spice mix can be made in large quantity and saved for used whenever required.
- You can store at room temperature or refrigerate.
- Always use clean and dry jars.
- Don’t use wet or used spoon.