Make the stuffed brinjal and enjoy a healthy meal with your family and colleagues.
- Cooking oil 1-2 tablespoon
- Onion 2 medium
- Ginger 1 inch piece
- Garlic cloves 7-8
- Tomato deseeded 1 medium
- Green chilies 2-3 Fresh coriander ¼ Cup
- Mint leaves 1-2 tablespoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Carom seeds ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Gram flour sifted ¼ Cup
- Brinjal ½ kg round & small
- Olive oil 2 tbs
- Fresh coriander chopped
- In frying pan, add cooking oil, onion, ginger, garlic and mix well.
- Add tomato and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add green chilies, fresh coriander and mint leaves, mix well and let it cool.
- In chopper, add cooked onion mixture, cumin powder, salt, carom seeds, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, red chili powder and chop until well combined.
- Add gram flour, mix well and set aside.
- Slit brinjals into four halves by keeping them intact towards the stem and stuff with prepared mixture.
- In frying pan, add olive oil and place stuffed brinjals, cover and cook on low flame until done (approx. 25-30 minutes) and keep turning sides or flip to cook evenly.
- Sprinkle fresh coriander and serve!