All candies should not be sweet. Have a sour and savory tamarind candy
- Tamarind 200 gms
- Water 1 Cup
- Dates soft 8
- Ghee 1 tablespoon
- Jaggery 150 gms
- Chaat masala 2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 tablespoon or to taste
- Cumin seeds roasted & crushed 1 teaspoon
- Black salt 1 & ½ teaspoons
- Salt 1 pinch
- In bowl, add tamarind and water, mix and let it soak for 1 hour then remove seeds and set aside.
- In chopper, add tamarind pulp, deseed dates and add in it and blend until well combined and set aside.
- In wok, add ghee and let it melt.
- Add jaggery and mix until jaggery melts.
- Now add taramind and dates pulp, chaat masala, red chili powder, cumin seeds, black salt, salt and mix well.
- Cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes and mix continuously.
- Let it cool down.
- Put thick mixture onto cling film, roll it and form a small candy.
- Tamarind toffee is ready to eat!