Here is what you’ll need! Fruits Hack!
- Take one half of a mango and slice with vertical lines, followed by 4 horizontal lines. Pop the back out so that the cubes are poking out then eat from there or cut them off.
- Take one half of a mango and slide it over the edge of a cup so that the flesh falls out but the skin stays intact.
To Get More Juice from a Lemon or a Lime
- Microwave the citrus for 15 seconds, slice it in half and use a pair of tongs to squeeze all of the juice out of the citrus.
- If you want to save some of that lemon juice for later, disperse it in an ice cube tray and freeze up to 1 year.
Using a Straw to De-stem Strawberries and Remove the Stem from Cherries
- Push a straw through the bottom of a strawberry until it pops through the top, taking the stem with it.
- Remove the stem from a cherry and push a straw through the top of the cherry, straight down so it pushes the pit out through the bottom.
How to Halve a Bunch of Cherries, Cherry Tomatoes, or Grapes All at Once
- Place a plate upside down, in the center place all of the fruit you would like to slice in half (pits removed from cherries). Place another plate on top, right side up, and use a knife to slice through the center of the fruits, lightly pressing down on the top plate to stabilize the fruit.
Easy Way to De-seed a Pomegranate
- Run a sharp knife around the circumference of the pomegranate, without cutting into the seeds, just to break through the skin. Using your fingers pry open the pomegranate, place both halves in a bowl of cool water and begin to press your thumbs into the back of the fruit to loosen up the seeds. Take a spoon and whack the back of the pomegranates, with your hand under the fruit to catch seeds, the rest will land in the water.
Coolest Way to Cut a Watermelon
- Slice the watermelon in half, lengthwise, take one half and place it flat-side-down. With a large knife make two incisions along the length of the watermelon about 2 inches apart, repeat for the other side Flip the watermelon over and make 3 slices lengthwise, then turn it and make 5 slices width-wise. Finally, slice around the circumference of the watermelon in a clean circle. Flip over the watermelon and empty cubes into bowl. Serve!