Mangoes can be used in many dish. But have you tried mango cake? Try this mango upside down cake with tea or coffee
Mango Upside Down Cake
- Sugar 3/4 Cup
- Water 2 tablespoon
- Mango slices ½ kg
- Butter unsalted 100 gms (room temperature)
- Powered sugar 1 Cup
- Eggs 2 large or 3 small (room temperature)
- All-purpose flour 2 Cups
- Baking powder 1 & ½ teaspoon
- Salt 1 pinch
- Milk 1/4 Cup
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- In saucepan, add sugar, water and cook on very low flame for 12-15 minutes or until caramelized (don’t stir).
- In 8 x 8 inch baking pan, add caramelized sugar and place mango slices and set aside.
- In bowl, add butter and beat for a minute.
- Add powdered sugar and beat again.
- Add eggs and beat until well combined.
- In bowl, place sifter, add all-purpose, baking powder, salt and sift together.
- During beating, add milk, vanilla essence and beat until well combined.
- Pour cake batter in prepared baking pan, spread evenly and bake in preheated oven at 180 ºC for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and run a knife around the edges to loosen them from the sides of the pan.
- Let it cool down, cut into pieces and serve!