Ladyfinger is a summer fruit and that is why it have lots of nutrients which are best to consume during summer. Make it fun to eat
- 2 & ½ Cups – Ladyfinger (cut lengthwise)
For the Masala Flour slurry:
- ¾ Cup – Water
- ½ Cup All purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon – Red Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon – Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon – Cumin Powder
- 1 teaspoon – Coriander Powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups – Breadcrumbs
- Oil for deep frying
- Toothpicks – 15-20
- Using a cutting board and a sharp knife, cut the ladyfinger lengthwise in two pieces, repeat the process for all.
- Set up a steamer on medium heat with a perforated plate, once hot enough place the ladyfinger and steam for 5-6 mins, once done take it out of the steam and let it come down to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, then the water, mix it to form a medium thick slurry, then add turmeric powder, red Chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Mix well and ensure there are no lumps.
- Now using your index finger, hold the broader side of ladyfinger in your hand and then using your other hand turn the narrow end inside the ladyfinger and then put a toothpick through it, repeat the process until all the ladyfinger are done.
- Now take the bhindi and dip it in the masala flour slurry and then coat it with breadcrumbs.
- In deep pan heat oil on medium high heat for frying, once hot enough drop the ladyfinger and once it turns golden brown take it out.
- Serve hot with curd green chutney. Be careful of the toothpick.