Iced teas are the best method to keep oneself hydrated. Enjoy the peach ice tea to keep yourself hydrated
Peach Iced Tea
- 4 Peaches (medium diced)
- 2 cups Sugar
- 3-4 Tea bags
- 5 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Lemon zest (optional)
- In a large saucepan, add peaches, 2 cups water, sugar and lemon zest.
- Bring it to a light simmer, cover and cook until peaches skin gets dark for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- With a masher, mash the peaches and continue simmering for about 10 more minutes.
- Strain the peach mixture through a strainer and discard the solids. Set aside.
- Boil 3 cups water, add tea bags in it and let it steep for 10 to 15 minutes. Then discard the tea bags.
- Add tea in a pitcher, stir in the peach syrup, gradually add water. Mix it well.
- Note: be sure to taste the mixture as you increase the water until you get perfect sweetness preference.
- If you think your tea is not sweet enough add sugar according to your preference. Or if it’s too sweet add water.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir before serving and pour over the ice to serve.
- Garnish with mint and fresh peach slices if desired.