The best way to beat the heat. Make this cool and refreshing fennel seed sharbat to keep yourself cool
Fennel Seed Sherbat
- Fennel seeds 1 Cup
- Water 1 Cup
- Green cardamom 20-25
- Water ½ Cup
- Black peppercorns 8-10
- Water 2 & ½ Cups or as required
- Water 2 Cups or as required
- Sugar 550 gms
- Lemon juice 1 teaspoon
- Prepared sharbat 2 tablespoon or to taste
- Water chilled
- Ice cubes
- In bowl, add fennel seeds and water, mix and soak for 4-5 hours.
- In bowl, add green cardamom and water, mix and soak for 4-5 hours.
- In grinder, add soaked fennel seeds, green cardamom, black peppercorns, water and grind well then strain well with the help of the strainer.
- In grinder, add remaining fennel seeds residues, water and grind well and strain again.
- In wok, add strained fennel seeds water, sugar and mix well, bring it to boil and cook on medium flame for 15-20 minutes and keep mixing in between.
- If there is any scum on the surface and spoon it off.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Let it cool down.
- Can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 month (yields approx. 600 ml).
- In serving glass, add prepared fennel seeds sharbat, water and stir.
- Add ice cubes and serve!