Sarson ka saag is best with makkai ki roti. Enjoy this Indian cuisine
- Water 2-3 cups
- Fresh mustard leaves 1 kg
- Spanish 1 bunch
- Goosefoot 1 bunch (Optional)
- Fenugreek leaves 1 small bunch
- Garlic 12-15 cloves
- Green chili chopped 8-10
- Salt 1 & ½ teaspoons
- Maize flour/Cornmeal 2-3 tablespoons
- Oil 1 tbs
- Butter 2-3 tablespoons
- Garlic Sliced 1 tablespoon
- Button red chilli 7-8
- Ginger Julienne 2-3 tablespoon
- Wash mustard leaves, spanish, goosefoot and fresh fenugreek seeds properly and cut them all.
- In pot, add water, mustard leaves, spanish, goosefoot, fresh fenugreek seeds, garlic cloves, green chili (chopped) and salt, mix well and bring it to boil.
- Cover and cook on low flame cook for 2-3 hours.
- After cooking, blend the whole mixture with hand blender, add maize flour,stir well and cook until saag thickens, set aside.
- For tarka, in frying pan, heat oil and butter, add garlic, button red chilies and ginger julienne and sauté until light brown.
- Now add this tarka into saag.
- Saag is ready, serve with makai roti.