Here is another experiment that went really well. Do try our new wrapped chili bites recipe.
Wrapped Chili Bites
- All-purpose flour sifted 2 & ½ Cups
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Carom seeds 1 & ½ teaspoons
- Ghee 3 tablespoons
- Water approx.½ Cup or as required
Achari Potato Filling:
- Potatoes peeled & boiled 2 medium
- Achar ghost masala 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice ½ tablespoon
- Fresh coriander chopped 1 tablespoon
- Green chilies large 6-8
- Egg beaten 1
- Cooking oil for frying
- In bowl, add all-purpose flour, salt, carom seeds and mix well.
- Add ghee and mix well until crumbled.
- Gradually add water and knead until hard dough is formed, cover with a wet cloth and let it rest for 15 minutes.
Prepare Achari Potato Filling:
- In bowl, add potatoes, achar gosht masala, lemon juice, fresh coriander, mash well and set aside.
- Slit green chilies with the help of the knife and deseed them.
- Stuffed green chilies with achari potato filling and set aside.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts.
- Take one part, make a ball and roll out with the help of rolling pin.
- Cut into long strips with the help of the roller cutter.
- Now take strip, apply water and twist around the green chili (makes 6-8) and freeze for 15 minutes.
- In wok, heat cooking oil and fry on low flame until golden brown.
- Grease baking tray with oil, place wrapped green chilies and applying egg wash.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180 C for 20 minutes.