Taro root is good for your health. Every fruit is good for health. But if they are not cooked in a delicious way, no one will eat them. Have a tasty taro root masala recipe
Taro Root (Arvi) Masala
- Arbi – 800 grams
- Water – 400 milliliters
- Gram flour – 150 grams
- Red chili – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric – 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry mango powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – for frying
- Oil – 20 milliliters
- Asafoetida – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Carom seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Green chili – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander – 2 tablespoons
- Take a pressure cooker, add arbi and water and cover it with lid. Cook till you hear 1 whistle.
- Remove it from heat and peel the arbi. Keep aside.
- In a bowl, add flour, red chili, coriander powder, turmeric, dry mango powder, cumin powder, salt and mix it well.
- Coat the peeled arbi with flour mixture.
- Heat sufficient oil in a heavy skillet and deep fry these until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove it from heat and drain it on an absorbent paper.
- Heat 20 milliliters oil in a skillet, add asafoetida, cumin seeds, carom seeds, green chili and stir for 1 -2 minutes.
- Then, add the fried arbi and mix it well.
- Cook for 5 – 7 minutes on medium heat.
- Now, add lemon juice, coriander and mix it well.
- Remove it from heat.