Chocolate eclairs are worth trying. Enjoy these with you family at tea time
- Milk 500 ml
- Sugar 1 Cup or to taste
- Vanilla essence ½ teaspoon
- Milk ½ Cup
- Custard powder 5 tablespoons
- Milk ½ Cup
- Water ½ Cup
- Butter 100 gms
- Sugar 1/4 Cup
- Salt 1 pinch
- All-purpose flour sifted 1 Cup
- Eggs 3 small
- Cooking chocolate 1 Cup
- Cream 3/4 Cup
- In a pot, add milk and bring it to boil.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence and mix well.
- In milk, add custard powder and mix well.
- In boiling milk, add dissolve custard, whisk continuously and cook until custard is thick then strain with the help of the strainer and whisk continuously until cooled down (room temperature).
- Refrigerate until use.
- In pot, add milk, water, butter, sugar, salt, mix well and cook on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, add all-purpose flour and mix until well combined.
- Turn on the flame and cook on low flame until dough is formed (approx. 2-3 minutes).
- Let it rest for 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs, one by one and mix until well combined.
- In piping bag, add prepared dough mixture.
- On baking tray, place butter paper and sprinkle all-purpose flour.
- Pipe in prepared dough on to baking tray (using large nozzle).
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 ºC for 10 minutes then reduce temperature to 180 ºC for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool down completely on wire rack (makes 18-20).
- In a bowl, add cooking chocolate, cream and microwave for 1 minute then mix well.
- Make hole, fill éclair with prepared custard through the bottom then dip the top into melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off and refrigerate.
- Garnish with melted white chocolate and serve!