Test your spice tolerance with this mirch masala dish
- Cumin seeds 1 tablespoon
- Coriander seeds 1 tablespoon
- Fennel seeds 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice 3 tablespoons
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Mustard oil 1 tablespoon
- Green chilies large 250 gms
- Cooking oil ¼ Cup
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Ginger grated ½ tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- Water ¼ Cup or as required
- In frying pan, add cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, mustard seeds and roast until fragrant and let it cool down.
- In spice mixer, add roasted spices and blend to make a coarse powder and set aside.
- In bowl, add blended coarse powder, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, salt, mustard oil, mix well and set aside.
- Slit green chilies with the help of the knife and stuffed with prepared spice mix.
- In pot, add cooking oil, cumin seeds, ginger and mix well.
- Now add stuffed green chilies, turmeric powder, mix well for 2-3 minutes.
- Add remaining spice mix and mix well.
- Add water and mix, cover and cook on low flame for 5-6 minutes then cook on high flame until oil separates.
- Can be store in air tight box for up to 2-3 weeks.