Try this green chili recipe at home and see if you can tolerate the spice of this level
Hyderabadi Mirchon ka Salan
- Peanuts 2 tablespoons
- Sesame seeds 2 tablespoons
- Desiccated coconut 2 tablespoons
- Onion sliced 1 medium
- Water 1 Cup
- Oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Green chilies 6-7 large
- Oil ½ Cup
- Garlic cloves 2
- Whole red chilies 4-5
- Nigella seeds ¼ teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds 1 pinch
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves 6-8
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds roasted & crushed 1 teaspoon
- Coriander seeds roasted & crushed 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Tamarind pulp ½ Cup
- In frying pan, add peanuts and roast until golden brown.
- Add sesame seeds and mix well.
- Add desiccated coconut and mix well until fragrant.
- In spice mix, add roasted nuts and grind well.
- In frying pan, add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- In blender, add sautéed onion, water and ground mixture, grind until well combined and set aside.
- Wash, pat dry and deseed green chilies.
- In frying pan, add oil and green chilies, fry until golden brown and set aside.
- In pot, add oil, garlic, whole red chilies and mix well.
- Add nigella seeds, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds and fry for 1 minute.
- Add curry leaves, ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add blended mixture, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, turmeric powder, salt and mix well, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tamarind pulp and mix well.
- Now add fried green chilies and mix well, cover and cook on low flame until oil separates (4-5 minutes).