Always try potato recipes. There is no reason to reject them
- Gram flour sifted 2 Cups
- Carom seeds ½ teaspoon
- Coriander seeds crushed 1 & ½ teaspoons
- Cumin powder 1 & ½ teaspoons
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon (optional)
- Red chili powder 1 & ½ teaspoons
- Baking soda ½ teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Garlic paste ½ teaspoon
- Water 1 Cup or as required
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Onion chopped 1 large
- Ginger garlic paste ½ teaspoon
- Chaat masala ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala powder ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Salt ½ teaspoon or to taste
- Potato boiled & mashed 3 large
- Fresh coriander chopped ½ Cup
- Cooking oil for frying
- In a bowl, add gram flour, carom seeds, coriander seeds, cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, baking soda, salt and mix well. (Can be store in air tight container for up to 1 month at cool and dry place.)
- In a bowl, add prepared pakora mix and mix well.
- Add garlic paste and gradually add water, mix well until well combined and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- In a frying pan, add oil, onion and fry until light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, chaat masala, garam masala powder, red chili powder, salt and mix well.
- Add potato and mix well.
- Add fresh coriander and mix well.
- Let it cool down.
- Grease hands with oil, take a mixture and make a flat round balls and coat in prepared gram flour batter.
- In a wok, heat cooking oil and fry until golden brown.