Try no preservative jam made at home
- Strawberries 600 gms
- Sugar 1 Cup
- Lemon juice 1 & ½ tablespoons
- Boiling water
- Cut strawberries and remove the stem.
- Reserve 1 cup of strawberries for later use.
- In a blender jar, add strawberries and blend to make a puree.
- In a pot, add strawberry puree, 1 cup strawberries, sugar, mix well and cook on low flame for 15 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, mix well and cook on low flame for 20-25 minutes and check by ice cold plate technique method.
- In boiling water, add air tight jar and sterilize for 5-6 minutes then remove jar from the water and drain on a clean towel.
- Transfer strawberry jam to sterilized jar.
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes and refrigerate until use.
- Can be stored in an air tight container for up to 6-7 months.