Try making Garam Masala powder at home
Garam Masala Powder
- Cloves 1 tablespoon
- Coriander seeds 2 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds 2 & ½ tablespoons
- Black peppercorns 2 tablespoons
- Star anise 4-5
- Black cardamom 7-8
- Cinnamon sticks 12-15
- Nutmeg 2
- Green cardamom 20-22
- Dried ginger 2 pieces
- bay leaves 6-8
- Mace 1 & ½ tbs
- Caraway seeds 1 tablespoon
- Dried fenugreek leaves 2 tablespoons
- Asafeotida powder 1 teaspoon
- In a frying pan, add cloves, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and black peppercorns, dry roast until aromatic and light brown and take out in a bowl.
- In a frying pan, add star anise, black cardamom, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, green cardamom, dried ginger and bay leaves, dry roast until aromatic and take out in a bowl.
- In a frying pan, add mace, caraway seeds, dried fenugreek leaves, dry roast until aromatic and take out in a bowl.
- In a bowl, add asafeotida powder and mix well.
- In a spice mixer, add roasted spices and grind to make a fine powder.
- Garam masala powder is ready!
- It can be stored in air tight container for up to 2 months.