Pakistani Cuisine. Pakistani style saag gousht. Give it a try
- Water 2-3 litres
- Fresh mustard leaves 2 kg
- Green chilies 3
- Mustard oil 1 Cup
- Cloves 8-10
- Cinnamon sticks 2
- Whole black pepper 10-12
- Green cardamom 2
- Black cardamom 1
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Beef boneless cubes ½ kg
- Onion sliced 1 large
- Ginger garlic paste 1 & ½ tablespoons
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 tablespoon or to taste
- Salt 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Water 1 Cup or as required
- Tomatoes chopped 3-4 medium
- Green garlic chopped
- Green chili chopped
- Fresh coriander chopped
- Clean all the fresh mustard leaves and wash them thoroughly.
- In a pot, add water and bring it to boil.
- Add fresh mustard leaves, green chilies, mix and bring it to boil, cover and boil on medium low flame for 4-5 hours (grind if desired) and set aside.
- In a pot, add mustard oil, cloves, cinnamon sticks, whole black pepper, green cardamom, black cardamom, cumin seeds and mix well.
- Add beef boneless cubes and mix well until changes color.
- Add onion, mix well and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix well for 2 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt, mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add water, mix well and bring it to boil, cover and cook on low flame for 25-30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Add tomatoes and mix well, cover and cook until tomatoes are soft and oil separates.
- Now add boiled fresh mustard leaves, mix well and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add green garlic, green chili, fresh coriander and mix well.
- Garnish with green chili, green garlic and serve!