Enjoy the delicious shahi tukray with your love ones
- Milk 1 litre
- Sugar 4-5 tablespoons or to taste
- Cardamom powder ½ teaspoon
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Cream 4 tablespoons or to taste
- Dry milk powder 1 & ½ Cups
- Caster sugar 4 tablespoons or to taste
- Pistachio ground 1/4 Cup
- Green food color 1-2 drops (optional)
- Bread slices 12-14
- Cooking oil for frying
- In a pot, add milk and bring it to boil, add sugar, cardamom powder, mix continuously and cook on medium low flame until milk is reduce to half while stirring in between.
- In a frying pan, add butter and let it melt, add cream and mix well.
- Add dry milk powder, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add caster sugar, grinded pistachio, mix well and cook until it leaves the sides of the pot (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add green food color and mix well and let it cool down.
- Cut corners of the bread slices and roll out with the help of the rolling pin.
- Take prepared filling, make a ball and place at the corner of the bread slice and roll up (makes 12-14).
- In a frying pan, heat cooking oil and fry roll ups until golden brown.
- In serving dish, place bread roll ups, pour warm prepared milk.
- Garnish with pistachio and serve!