Chana Daal is a common dish for breakfast in Pakistan. It is eaten with puri or naan
- Oil ¼ Cup
- Cumin seeds 2 teaspoons
- Cloves 3
- Cinnamon stick 1
- Onion chopped 1 large
- Garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Tomato chopped 1 large
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Salt 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder ½ teaspoon
- Green chilies chopped 2-3
- Split bengal gram 1 & ½ Cups (soaked & boiled)
- Water ½ Cup or as required
- Garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Oil ¼ Cup
- Curry leaves 9-10
- Kashmiri red chili powder ½ teaspoon
- Fresh coriander chopped
- Ginger julienne
- In a pot, add oil, cumin seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick and mix.
- Add onion and fry until light golden.
- Add garlic paste and mix well.
- Add tomato and mix well.
- Add red chili powder, salt, coriander powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Add green chilies and mix well, cover and cook on low flame until tomatoes are soft.
- Add boiled split bengal gram and mix well.
- Add water, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add garam masala powder, cover and cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes then mix well and set aside.
- In a small frying pan, add oil and heat it, add curry leaves and mix.
- Turn off the flame, add Kashmiri red chili powder and mix well.
- Add tadka on cooked split Bengal gram.
- Add fresh coriander, ginger and serve!