Mash Daal is Awesome when it is made spicy
Mash Daal with Tadka
- Ghee ¼ Cup
- Cloves 5-6
- Black peppercorns 6-8
- Ginger julienne 1 inch piece
- Onion chopped 1 medium
- Garlic crushed 1 tablespoon
- Green chilies 2-3
- Tomatoes grinded 2 medium
- Asafeotida powder ¼ teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
- Salt 1 teaspoon or to taste
- White lentil gram 250 gms (soaked & boiled with salt)
- Water 1 Cup or as required
- Fresh coriander chopped 1-2 tablespoons
- Garam masala powder ½ teaspoon
- Cooking oil 2-3 tablespoons
- Whole red chilies 5-6
- Cumin seeds ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder ¼ teaspoon
- Ginger julienne
- Fresh coriander chopped
- In a pot, add ghee and let it melt, add cloves, black peppercorns and mix.
- Add ginger and mix well.
- Add onion and fry until light brown.
- Add garlic and mix well.
- Add green chilies and fry for a minute.
- Add grinded tomatoes and mix well.
- Add asafeotida powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add boiled white lentil gram and mix well.
- Add water and mix well.
- Add fresh coriander and garam masala powder, cover and let it simmer for 2 minutes. Its ready to serve!
- In a small frying pan, add cooking oil, whole red chilies, cumin seeds and fry for 1 minute.
- Turn off the flame, add red chili powder and mix.
- Add tadka on cooked white lentil gram and garnish with ginger, fresh coriander and serve.